Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shingles

I am waiting for the vegetables to cook in the microwave and the Chicken Tetrazinni to finish in the oven. I hear Logan crying (off and on) while Todd tries to put him to sleep. Since I have nothing better to do with my time, like the regular chores that I am always behind on and stressed about, I figured that doing a 3rd blog post today would be a good idea.

I have Shingles.

I went to the doc today and have started antiviral medications, which are hugely expensive, by the way:-(

I have a small rash, maybe 3 inches long by 2 inches tall on the right side of my back. I am currently not in much pain... just itchy, thank goodness! I am very hopeful (and prayerful) that the symptoms do not worsen and that I don't give Chicken Pox to the babies.

(Shingles are contagious, in the form of Chicken Pox, to people who have not have Chicken Pox before. Shingles are not contagious as Shingles.)

I cannot be around anyone that has compromised immune systems, like Dad (because of his chemo) .

**I have not updated on Granddad Dan... He does have very aggressive lung cancer. He does not have any feasible treatment options and has been sent home with Hospice care. It is so sad to report that he appears to be declining quickly. To make matters worse, Grandma Pat fell and hurt herself today and cannot walk.

So, that's about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get better soon! I can't imagine what that must feel like.

The Hams said...

Praying that you get better soon and that the boys don't get Chicken Pox!