Here's what's been up around here lately:
- My new video camera is too smart for my computer. When I upload a video, it only shows 2 frames/second. The new camera is awesome, but now my computer needs to be upgraded. Also, my computer has a virus. Two good reasons to "let" Todd build me a new computer, right? In the mean time, I have been using his laptop.
- We went to San Antonio and left the boys at home with Mamaw and Great Aunt Pat for 4 days. It was so hard being away from them. We missed them so much! But, Todd and I had a good time in SA. He had a booth at the Texas Music Educator's Association expo, promoting the band/choir/orchestra division of his photography business. Todd does great program portraits and makes really cool composites. He got a lot of leads and very interested directors. I expect that he will be very busy in the fall. He already has several programs lined up for pictures this spring, which we were surprised by. We're hoping that this extra work will produce enough extra income for me to stay home with the boys another year. You can see some of Todd's composites in the background of the first picture. The second picture is a sample of the competition's composites. I think Todd's are like way cooler. ;-)
- Today is cousin Jim's birthday! Happy Birthday, Jim!!! :-)
- Sadly, Todd's (step) Granddad Dan died Friday, 2 weeks ago. We went to Ft. Worth for the funeral and stayed with Todd's mom in her new home. Dan was a nice, caring man. He always made me feel welcome. I will always remember that he was so kind to pray for us when we were waiting to be parents, when I was pregnant, then after the boys were born. He and Grandma told us that they were praying for us all the time. We miss Dan.
- Logan and Nathan are eating rice cereal and applesauce! Logan LOVES eating from a spoon. He started sucking down the cereal from the very beginning. Nathan likes it now, but hated eating it for a long time. He would cry and cry every time I tried to feed him. His Mamaw figured out how to feed him the way he likes it while we were in SA. Way to go, Mamaw! Logan's formula is Member's Mark from Sam's. It's a huge can and only costs about $20. (They also have a Gentle-Ease formula for $23/can) Nathan still drinks Nutramigen. I put a rubber band around Nathan's bottle to tell them apart when I'm feeding them alone. I need to break down and buy name bands.
- So long size 3-6 month clothes! The twins are in 6-9 month clothes now! Yes, they are still 4 months old (for a few more days), but apparently 75% babies are big! I can't get over how big they are. They were almost a month early, for goodness sake! Mom went with us to the Carter's outlet yesterday. We got some new things, but not too much. As fast as they outgrow things, and as often as I do laundry, I didn't feel like it was necessary to go over board (even though I wanted to). Here's Logan today, in one of his new outfits. Nathan matched, but spit up all over and was changed. But, it wouldn't be nice to post just a pic of Logan from today and leave his brother out.
- Poor little guys have stuffy noses and little coughs. Nathan is a little worse off than Logan, but they are not feeling very good. Todd's not feeling good, either. I think it's the weather and allergies.
- My sister's birthday was Feb. 15th. Happy Birthday ReRe!!
- Grandma Bible's birthday was last week. Happy Birthday Grandma!!
- Dad's birthday was Feb. 9th. We went out to eat with him and had a good time! Dad went in for more testing today. He is scheduled for another IV chemo treatment Friday. He is being such a trooper and so brave through this whole thing. I know he gets his strength from God and through all of the support/prayers from so many friends and family. I hate that he has to go through this battle with cancer. I think about Dad and Mom constantly.
- Nathan is getting very close to crawling. He tries really hard. Logan is moving/kicking/grabbing/bouncing/standing more, but he's completely content to just lay flat on his back with this legs stretched out.
Nathan trying to crawl to Logan. (Please ignore my stupid commentary in the background. Thanks!)
- Tonight, we are having chicken fried steak. That is, if I ever finish this blog and get up to cook. :-)