And now on to color choices:
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
And now on to color choices:
Friday, November 14, 2008
I like it.
Monday, September 8, 2008
1. Grandma D., after being diagnosed with aggressive lung cancer (never smoked) and a several-week stay in ICU, died Friday, August 15. I can't even begin to describe how special a person she always has been to her whole family and many friends. I have many fond memories from distant past to recent that will always be a treasure. Most recently, this summer before she was very sick, I had the chance to stay with her on 2 separate occasions. For one, Todd was out of town, I went to pick blueberries with some school friends, then decided to load up Rollei and head to Grandma's house to make blueberry muffins and stay the night. We had a really special time together, just the 2 (well, 3 if you include Rollei) of us. For the first time, she got out her book of poems and shared those with me. Today, at school, I read the book "Love You Forever" to my kids. I have never had a problem reading this book before, but, as it talks about rocking a child that grows up, and in turn the child rocks the parent when she becomes old and sick, I couldn't make it through the end of the story. I had to trade classes with another Kinder teacher so she could finish it for me. Grandma loved to rock. She has many rocking chairs in her house. Before she died, she told me I could have one of the chairs that she rocked her babies in whenever I wanted to take it to my house. I took it after she passed and have it in my living room. I love sitting in that chair. It fits me and always makes me think of her. This is a picture of that rocking chair in my living room.
3. Rollei got a dog door! I know, "big whoop", but for us, it is! We can finally leave him out of his kennel if we are gone for several hours in the evenings and not have to worry about him being locked up too long. He still stays in his kennel during the day. It's what he's used to and likes. He goes to his kennel without being told as part of his morning routine. Anyway, life is a little easier for us, and Rollei is a little more free. Good for both.
6. I finally got to visit Nikki in Tennessee this summer. Took the trip with my dad. We had the best of times! She was about 8 months pregnant when I visited, but now she and her husband have welcomed a little girl, Julianne into their nest. Congratulations!! And I'm anxious for pictures!
Traveling with Dad...And his incredible sense of style...
8. Oh, and we went to an Astro's game, too. Not the greatest picture of us... Oh well.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
- I don't like that every page that is set to private must be logged into individually. That's a real pain.
- Some of my readers were having difficulty creating an account and signing in to view my page.
- I don't really post any revealing pictures of me, my family, or my students. Although, I will be considering weather or not I will post any student pictures at all.
I used to be opposed to MySpace, but have recently found out that it has some advantages to Blogspot. For one, no matter how many of your friends are set to private, you only have to log in once to view your friends pages. I could go on, but the point is, I have reset this page to public viewing... and I have a MySpace page now, too. If you are so inclined, you could go visit it. Yes, you have to have a MySpace account. If/when you go to my page, you will find that it is set to private. You have to be my "friend" to view the page. Click "Add To Friends". It will send me a message, and when I accept you, then you can view my page.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
And tape, I did. Those doors took for-ever! Todd didn't like waiting, so as you can see, he went around me. Notice the gutters? We had power washed and bleached them, and they were still black with stains.
Climb up. Spray. Climb down. Move ladder. Repeat.
We finished the whole house in just one day. Todd rocked with that spray gun. Todd got me this docking station for my MP3 player for our anniversary. It was nice to have some music to work to. Since my player is not an "I Pod" (It's a Sansa), we lovingly call it my "Pseudo Pod"
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Grandma D. & Jim's Dad
Jim watching Annie walk to him.
Some of my family...
Good advice from his dad, I'm sure.
Jim's mom watching...
I felt like I was pretty annoying with my camera all weekend. And even so, I still didn't get but the one of Jim & Annie together!