And I worked on writing it for days. But, while installing a new program on my computer, I accidentally closed Writer (the program I use to compose blogs) before I published my post. So, it’s gone!
To make things up to myself, a month later, this quick recap will have to suffice.
Christmas Celebration #1 at Granny& Grandpa’s house:
- Several days of relaxation, fun visiting, and yummy food!
- First Christmas without Aunt Linda. I missed her smiles, teasing, and joy she always brought to our time together.
- Twins loved opening presents. The noisy cars and trucks from Granny & Grandpa were a hit!
- Santa found the boys and left tricycles, DVDs, and other little goodies.
- I didn’t bring my camera. Todd took a few pictures, but most were taken by me with his camera, which I don’t know how to use. Blurry results.
Christmas Celebration #2 at Mom & Dad’s house:
- A very late-night, quick event, thrown in the evening we all returned from Granny & Grandpa’s and Christmas Celebration #3 the next morning.
- Logan slept through all of the noise and present-opening.
- Again, no camera. No pictures, but lasting memories of a cherished time spent together with my parents, brother, sister and her family.
Christmas Celebration #3 at Aunt Pat’s house:
- I spent most of my time cooking Pioneer Woman’s scalloped potatoes, wrangling kids, and playing Scrabble. I usually don’t have the opportunity to sit and play games (wonder why?!), so I really enjoyed the opportunity thanks to Todd for spending much of his time and energy rocking Logan, and to the other family ladies who wrangled Nathan.
- Logan and Nathan were done with traveling by this point, and they let it show all day. :-(
- We ate a delicious evening meal, the “kids” (including K1 & K2) got to open presents, we sang a few songs, and had a fabulous time visiting.
- The boys had their “well pictures” just like K1 & K2 did at about their age.
And since I haven’t blogged in forever, I may as well include my 30th on the 30th birthday info…
Todd took care of the boys for a few hours on my birthday while I went shopping alone. I took my time and enjoyed getting a few things. Since the whole family, expect for Steven, was in town, we all went out to Pappasito’s for dinner. We all had a marvelous time together, and the food was delicious! Dad got the best seat in the house: a rolling, cushioned office chair! Todd went overboard and got me the prettiest blue topaz ring! We didn’t get a family picture together when Steven was in town for Christmas, but we snapped these after dinner that night.
New Year’s events? Nothing. It was great!