Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloweened

I last-minuted Halloween this year.  Actually, I last-minute a lot of things, especially Halloween, all the time…. But, here’s what we ended up with.

I had a couple of costume ideas for the boys, but the one I really wanted needed to be made.  I couldn’t find them to purchase anywhere.  Since we all know I’m not the greatest or most efficient sewer, and I wasn’t willing to make the time to sew, I just bought these little costumes for the boys at Sam’s for less than $10 each.  Hey, they matched!  I’m still not sure if they are crocodiles, dinosaurs, or Godzilla.  I know!  A PAIR OF CROCS! Hahaha! :-)crocs   As for the picture, we take what we can get… *sigh*.Fall 2010 034

We’ve had the pumpkins to carve for over a week, at least.  We carved them this afternoon.  I thought they turned out pretty good.  Honestly, I wasn’t very excited about standing in the kitchen to scoop out and cut up yet another food item.  I feel like I’m in the kitchen cutting food up all the time.  I’m glad we did it, though.   Fall 2010 023Fall 2010 054Fall 2010 053 

We took the boys trick-or-treating.  We just walked the street and visited with a few neighbors.  One neighbor was giving out little bottles of bubbles.  I’m going to put them in my purse for use in case of emergency.  By the way, Rollei went trick-or-treating with us.  He was a pumpkin.  He will always be a pumpkin. :-)Fall 2010 036

Mamaw and Timpa dropped by for a quick visit to see the boys in their little costumes, too. Fall 2010 045

The quantity of trick-or-treaters seemed to be down this year.  We have tons of candy left over.  Todd is going to take the extra to school to give away.  Goodness knows we don’t need it here!

I just want to throw out major kudos to Todd for being Superdad tonight.  You may have not been in costume, but cooking dinner for all of us, feeding the boys, and being all-around great (I was handing out candy) was, and always is, much appreciated.  I love you, husband!

Hope you all had a very fun Halloween!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I totally understand about being int he kitched and cutting up food all the time. It seems lsike that's all we do. That or change diapers. HA! I know one day we will miss this stage though.

The boys are cute in their costumes. It's so hard to spend money on little things like that when there are more pressing needs. We opted for something practical, so it wasn't as hard to spend the money.

The boys are growing weeds! So great to finally be able to not only read but comment!