Monday, October 4, 2010

They Saved the Day!

I woke up feeling pretty sick this morning. :-(  I knew that the way things were going, I wouldn’t be able to care for the twins.  So, what’s a sick mommy to do?  Call her mommy!  I knew Mom had an appointment this morning and wouldn’t be able to come over for several hours, but she sent Dad over to help.  Dad was great!  He fed the boys their breakfast, changed Logan, and played with them while I went back to bed.  Mom arrived for a shift change before lunch.  By this time, I was feeling much better.  I even got out to run errands while Mom stayed with the boys.

Thanks, Mom & Dad, for your help! 

Also…

I think most everyone knows this by now, but Dad got some very encouraging news from his doctors at M. D. Anderson recently.  The Malignant Meningitis (cancer in his spinal fluid/brain) is no longer being detected on tests.  This is unheard-of!  So, Dad is continuing his IV chemo every-other week, and he still takes Tarceva (chemo pill), but will no longer get chemo in his Ommaya port!  Amazing!  Praise God!  Prayer works!

No comments: