Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Growing

The boys are 11 weeks old today. They are asleep for the moment, so I thought I would steal some time away from doing the laundry to share some random thoughts.

The past few days have gone really well. "Really well" means that they stayed on a good eat & sleep schedule with little fussing and I showered, dressed, ate lunch before 1:00 and have been able to do some chores. Nathan and Logan seem to have settled into a good routine that is manageable for me alone during the day.

I have a couple of blogs I read that are written by mothers of multiples. I love reading them, but I often wonder how everyday life with their babies seems to be so pleasant and easy. I hope it is easy for them, and I really enjoy their blogs, but I started to feel a little inadequate because our experience with twin infants has been much more difficult than what I have been reading. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely love Nathan and Logan, but juggling them is a challenge. I have difficulty sharing my life unless I share what's good along with what's not-so-good. If I'm overwhelmed, frustrated, exhausted, messy, etc., I share that part of me along will all the nice things that happen around here. Maybe I tell too much, but I only know how to "keep it real" as Pioneer Woman would say. So, to keep it real, here is a picture of right now.
Here are some things going on with each baby:

Logan
  • He loves to smile and laugh when he has a full tummy.
  • He studies faces, lights, and the TV.
  • He does not like to be left alone. He would much rather be held than put in a bouncy or swing. He's a cuddle bug and spoiled!
  • His eyes are deep blue.
  • He has dark brown hair and still has the bald look, but I think his hair is growing in more on top.
  • He's a chubby baby! He has to be at least 13 pounds!
  • He's wearing 0-3 month clothes, but will be out of them soon.
  • He wears Pampers size 1-2 diapers from Sam's (The actual size is "1-2"), but sleeps in size 2 at night.
  • He eats 6+ ounces at each feeding.
  • He eats every 3 1/2 to 4 hours during the day (start to start) and about 7 or more hours at night.
  • He is gassy.
  • He can roll from his tummy to back.
  • He is hard to burp.
  • He fusses when he is in his car seat for long, which makes shopping and traveling hard.
  • He is PRECIOUS!

Nathan
  • He is serious and harder to get to smile and laugh, but he "coos".
  • He likes to watch everything that is going on around him.
  • He is more content to be put down in a bouncy or swing than Logan, but he loves to cuddle, too.
  • His eyes are deep blue/gray.
  • He has long eyelashes.
  • He has a little reflux problem and his face has reacted to so much spit-up; it is a little red.
  • He has not had any colic symptoms in a long time.
  • He requires Nutramigen, an extremely expensive, hypoallergenic formula because of his sensitive tummy.
  • He weighs 12 pounds, 5 3/4 ounces!!
  • He will be out of his 0-3 months clothes soon, too.
  • He is in size 1-2 diapers and size 2 at night.
  • He has been eating a full 7 ounces at almost every feeding.
  • He is on the same feeding schedule as his brother.
  • He can roll from his tummy to his back.
  • He is easy to burp, but he spits up quite a lot.
  • His hair is light brown, long, and requires frequent washing. His hair easily looks disheveled.
  • He is SO CUTE!!
I am going to try to do shorter, more frequent blogs as things happen.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Natalie, I have definitely had struggles with my boys. And although I love them, it has definitely taken me time to figure out the whole twin thing. Don't worry- there are others out there that struggle just like you do. Just keep in mind that we're all in this together, learning from each other and lending support as needed.

Take care and enjoy your little ones!