Thursday, October 29, 2009

I CAN do this!

First of all, thank you to everyone that offered to help these past few days. I was feeling very overwhelmed at the prospect of keeping my kids fed and safe by myself, if you couldn't tell. Fortunately, I have found that I CAN be a mom to my children without help during the day! What a relief!

My dad came by the past 2 mornings to listen for the boys while I got dressed, washed & prepared bottles, did some housekeeping, etc. Dad even helped me fold a few loads of laundry! I do much better, psychologically, if I can be showered & dressed - even if I'm not going anywhere. So thanks, Dad!

I had a friend that was "on call" to help during feedings. It was very nice of her to be available for me, but I found that I can manage feedings on my own. I feel very proud of that! Sheila, thank you for being available and supportive to me!

Thanks to all of you that offered to help. Also, I just want to say that I completely understand all of you that left comments about how you would love to help, but can't for various reasons. I appreciate your desire... There have been so many times that I have wanted to help others, teach a class at church, deliver a meal, etc., but can't because of work or other obligations and time restrictions. Time is a precious commodity and being willing to give it up for the benefit of others is an admirable thing. This is something I need to improve in my life. It's showing God's love for others through service.

Today, feeling more confident, I took the boys out to run some errands. I made a delivery to Todd at his school, then went by my school to do some paperwork. The outing went very well, except for the rain. It took a little longer than expected, but we got back just before they broke out in protest for making them wait a little too long for their milk.

The boys are up to about 5oz. per feeding. I have started Logan in size 1 diapers. He weighs about 9 pounds. He slept 6 hours last night! Nathan is still in Newborn diapers and clothes, but not for long. He weighs about 7 pounds. He still wakes about every 3-3 1/2 hours.

Okay, I'm really rambling. Sorry. I really just wanted to let everyone know that we are okay. Prayer helps, for sure. And, thank you, again, for all of the offers to help! More updates later.

6 comments:

Jana said...

It is amazing what we are capable of when we rely on God! :) Being a Mom is definitely not something God equips us for before hand. It is a hands on learning experience. You are doing such a great job and we are so proud of you!

Kathy Morisette said...

Hi Natalie,
Wish I could have offered up my help today and/or tomorrow...as I know your parents are in Abilene.
Unfortunately, my daughter had a Med. Ctr. doctor's appt. today and we were tied up with that from early morning until noon. Tomorrow, my daughter (who plays on the KPHS tennis team...that is how we know your dad! :)), is supposed to play in Regionals at Katy.
I will attend those matches if the matches take place.
If the weather does not cooperate and they do not get to play, I will be available ALL day to help you, if you need anything. If that is the case, I will email you to let you know that I am free.
Glad to hear your day went so well!

Alicia said...

You ROCK!!! It's scary to be alone with ONE newborn- I can't imagine TWO!!! They are too adorable; and your family is wonderful!

TwinsanityMom - Janet said...

I knew you would be able to do it! Those first few times are really scary though and then you start to get the hang of it. I used to take the kids in the boucer seats (shocker!) and sit them on the floor in the bathroom while I took a shower. They always liked me playing peekaboo from behind the shower curtain and it helped me get through the day.

人妻 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
サイドビジネス said...

1日5万円~が手に入るサイドビジネスのご案内です。男狂いのセレブ女性はネットで知り合った男を次々に金の力で食い散らかしています。そんな女性を手玉にとって大金を稼いでみませんか