Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time to Pray

The boys and I pray often throughout the day.  They are pretty good about folding their hands, closing their eyes, and bowing their heads (for a few seconds! Ha!).  Nathan likes to say a confident “Amen!” at the end of our prayers.  It’s precious that they like to talk to God.

 

The four of us sit on the couch together for prayers before we put the boys down for bed at night.  Daddy usually does the praying, but tonight he was gone to a meeting.  After the prayer, we let the boys hug and kiss each other, then Mommy and Daddy get hugs and kisses and say “I love you.  Night night.”  Well, tonight when I said “brothers’ hugs”, they dove on each other and kind of kissed as usual.  Then, as clear as a bell, Nathan said to Logan, “I love you.”  Is that not just so sweet?

 

Nathan has been saying “love you” when he is told to say “I love you” to someone.  But, this was completely voluntary.  He hasn’t voluntarily said it to me or Todd.  I think it is sweet that he said it to his brother first.  Also, did you notice that is a sentence?  Yes, my 19-month-old is (and has been) speaking in sentences.  How are these baby boys growing up so fast?!

1 comment:

Amber Rader said...

These are great stories...thanks for sharing!