My doctors decided that carrying past 37 weeks was unnecessary, so the night of September 21st I checked into labor & delivery to be given a medicine throughout the night that would get things going. The next morning I was given Pitocin. I don't remember much about the timing of things that day. I was not in pain. I was having contractions (big ones, apparently), but I didn't feel them until later in the day (but then I barely felt them). Long story short, I did not progress like Doc wanted. We cranked up the Pitocin many times, I got an epidural, Doc broke Baby A's water, but I still didn't get past 5 cm. I think we were at least 15 hours in before it was decided that we gave the "natural" way a college try, but needed to go for a C-section.
I was so swollen! (Look at my foot.)