Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vacation-ish

We visited family for vacation this year.

We started off visiting Todd's mom, Alicia, in Fort Worth. The drive was fine, but the rain followed us from Houston. Logan did not sleep much that first night. I was up with him many times, and one time for a 2-hour stretch. Not fun! But, despite the lack of sleep, the next day was fun. Todd and I went to Six Flags Over Texas! (No pics of Six Flags.)

Cousins!!
We had no idea how much getting into Six Flags for a day was going to cost. Found out very quickly that it's way expensive! Luckily, though, I remembered seeing a coupon to enter the park at the children's rate on the coupon app on my Droid! So awesome because they accepted the coupon on my phone and the savings nearly paid for our phone service for the month!
Six Flags was great fun. We rode rides, ate too much, and loved spending the time together, just the 2 of us. (Alicia and Julia kept the twins. Thankyouverymuch!) Unfortunately, the rain came in the late afternoon, so we decided to leave. It was a great day!

Next, we headed to Abilene. My sister and her husband let us use their house as a hotel for several days. (K1 & K2, thanks for letting us use your room!) Nathan had a couple nights of crying. One night, in particular, I was up with him so much that I only got about 1 hour of sleep. Ugh! Todd definitely took his turn rocking Nathan many times during the night that few days, too.Todd and I really enjoy visiting the places we used to frequent when we were dating in college. We walked around ACU, went to the zoo, ate out at many of our favorite places, did a family photo shoot (by Todd's mentor), saw K1 practice her Kajukembo (she's about to test for her black belt!) and visited with friends. (Jayme, there are no words for how great it was to spend time with you.) Except for the sleepless nights, our time in Abilene always feels too short.

K1 at Kajukembo.
Our last stop, on the way home, was in Cleburne to visit Todd's grandma, Pat. We were so happy to see her and she was especially happy to love on Logan and Nathan. We didn't do much while we were in Cleburne, other than go out to eat and hang around Grandma's house, but we had a great time. Everyone slept soundly there. I slept in after 10 one morning!

Great Grandma Pat

On that note (about sleeping in), I have to give major brownie points to Todd. That man is so good to me and such a super-fabulous Daddy! He has been getting up with the boys in the mornings. He feeds them, dresses them, and plays with them before I even stir. Seriously! He says that he likes spending the time with the guys, he doesn't mind, he likes the mornings, and he knows that I love to sleep in. I'm majorly spoiled!!! (But, I feel guilty, so I'm getting up to help with breakfast now...)

1 comment:

Kathy Morisette said...

Love, love the cousin pics!!! :)

Fun reading about your activities and visits and all the pics are great!