Friday, July 23, 2010

10 Months

Here we are in the double digits: 10 months old!

This is the best we could get yesterday. I wanted to try again today, but today was crazy busy, so this is it this month. I kind of like it. I think it's funny! :-)
Good morning, boys! Happy 10-month birthday!
This month, both babies:
  • are cruising!!! And, since I didn't know exactly what cruising was until I started reading 'mommy blogs', I'll tell you that means that they hold on to things while walking. Nathan has been doing this for a good 2 weeks. Logan just started moving today!
  • hate drinking milk from sippy cups! I'm feeling the pressure to get them to do this since their doctor wants them completely off bottles by 12 months. It's better for their development to get them off the bottles, so we're still working on it, despite their protesting.
  • love to feed themselves Gerber puffs and Cheerios. We are just working on warming them up to feeding themselves little bites of veggies and fruits. Again, a hard transition from baby food for them, but also for me, since that means more work for me. Can't so much feed them from our plates since our regular meals are usually junk like pizza, Mexican food, burgers, etc. I had better shake it off and get cookin'! :-)
  • pulling up to standing. This has been a fun development to watch. They are so proud of themselves when they pull up - especially in their cribs. Todd, you're lowering their beds tomorrow, okay?!
  • interact with each other. We love it when one baby catches the other baby's attention and they babble, giggle, and smile at each other. Sure beats crawling over each other, grabbing hair, stealing pacifiers, and poking eyeballs.
  • are so big! I know Nathan is over 23 pounds. Logan has to be near 25, if not over it. They are in size 4 diapers and are quickly outgrowing size 12 month clothes. I have to go buy them some new pajamas ASAP! Don't think I can squeeze them in the ones we have another night!
  • love to have attention. They like for us to read them books or play games. They are learning silly things like "high fives" and waving "hi/byebye".

Logan
Again, this is the best picture I could get.
  • Logan has a perfect crawl. He crawls kind of slow, but he does it just right. He's thoughtful with his movement. It's so cute.
  • Oh my goodness, he loves to play in mirrors. He gets just absolutely tickled, says "oooooh, oooooh, oooooh", cackles, waves his arms, kicks his feet, and kisses the mirror. Mamaw has the cutest video of him going nuts in a mirror at Dillard's, but I can't get it to upload. I'll keep working on that in my *spare time* to see if I can get it to work. It's precious!
  • Aunt C figured out that if you blow in Logan's face, he'll stick his tongue out. Again, sheer cuteness and so funny.
  • His little pincer grasp is getting much more refined.
  • He's teething big time! Drool, drool, chew, chew. We give him teething tablets when he seems extra uncomfortable or fussy, which seems to help. I feel such pride for them when they finally cut a tooth, but also for me & Todd, because we survived another bout of teething! Ha!
  • He likes to stand at his activity toy (we call it Baby Land). Of course, he holds on and moves (walks), but he also picks up one foot to kick the hanging objects. He's showing off his increased coordination.
  • He has 4 teeth, and working on 2 more on the top.
Logan waiting for his turn to get his jammas.
We all know how much I like pictures of babies sleeping in weird places and positions.
NathanGood job, Nathan. Mommy likes this picture.
  • Nathan is a little monkey. I have said how much he clings when he is held. He's a total Mama's boy and will always reach for me if I'm near. If he sees me with Logan, he'll dart to me and push his way into my lap. This makes one-on-one time difficult, but it's cute.
  • He bites! (Ha!) If you saw the video of him with Great Granny, then you saw him in action. Those teeth are sharp. He usually bites my shoulder or neck, but has also been known to bite ankles, knees and tummies. We're working on stopping that.
  • He babbles and laughs a lot. He's getting consonant sounds and "mama" "dadada" out pretty well. When he waves, he makes sounds that are like "hi".
  • He's a climber. Well, he tries to climb.
  • He's a risk-taker. He is transitioning well from one object to another when cruising. He has stood alone (not holding on) a couple of times for a few seconds.
  • He has 5 teeth, and is working on 1 more on top, the best I can tell.
  • Nathan is sick. He woke up with yellow gunk in his eye. He quickly went downhill and looked more and more pitiful as the morning wore on. He saw Dr. Hassel this afternoon and is on 2 antibiotics for a double eye infection and sinus infection. Fingers crossed that Logan doesn't get it, too.
Nathan on the move!

Hi Happy Nathan! :-)

5 comments:

Kathy Morisette said...

Just wonderful...all of it! :) So much fun to read about and see the latest!

Amber Rader said...

Great pictures...I love your "baby land" area! B and Z turn 9 months old tomorrow, so I'll see if I can get some good pictures before church. I'm glad y'all are having a fun summer :)

Natalie said...

Thanks, y'all! :-) Amber, we love Baby Land, too. I got it from kingwoodyardsales.com for $25 from another mommy of twins. Is your living room filled with toys like ours? I would love to have a playroom, but I dream.

Christi said...

Natalie, they are SO cute!! I love all the photos. Also, you may have already tried this - but we used sippy cups with the soft silicone spouts at first, and that made the transition from bottles a TON easier for us. There was no resistance because it seemed so much like a bottle still.

Kathy Morisette said...

It is so much fun to see living rooms turn rainbow-colored when babies come into our lives. :)