Monday, July 16, 2007

Our BIG "vacation"

I guess this will be a post mostly of pictures...

I finally got to meet my brother's girlfriend, Virginia. We all went out to eat at a "hole-in-the-wall" Mexican restauraunt. Had a great time. I'm especially glad to have Dad and Steven back in the states.


A few days later, Todd and I left for our big 4-day vacation to Abilene. Very exotic, I know. We were excited to help Cary, Ron, K1 & K2 move from their old house to the "new house". We worked really hard moving stuff and painting some rooms in the old house to get it ready for renters. Cary's crew and Mom and Dad left Sunday morning for their Vegas trip. While we were in Abilene, we had some time to visit with friends. Todd hung out with this photography mentor, Tom. I got to spend great time with Jayme. Love spending time with her. I can't believe we let 2 years go by since I saw her last.
While we were in Abilene, some family came over to visit one night. One relative is a foster parent. She brought over her current foster baby, so needless to say, he got passed around. I thought Todd looked pretty good with a baby in his arms.
Can't leave Abilene without a picture of the girls...
Also can't leave without visiting the ACU bookstore. Here are our new wares...
Todd went to a benefit garage sale and purchased a small TV to put in his studio. He got a great deal, but I didn't want him to have another thing that keeps him in his studio all the time. This was the scene 30 minutes or so after we got home.

No comments: