Monday, May 11, 2009

18 Weeks: Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potato picture from the bump d o t com.

Baby Center says:
"Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound."



I have had so many ultrasounds, and we're not even half way through. I went downtown for a "level 2" ultrasound today. After a 2 hour wait (okay, we were an hour early), we got to see the little guys again. This doctor spent a lot of time measuring their arms, legs, heads, watched their hearts, and many other things I couldn't follow. We were able to see a few 3D images. I'm sure the images later on will be more clear. This doctor wants to see me once a month in addition to my bi-weekly visits & ultrasounds with my regular OB. Yikes! Lots of appointments. The report today is that they are looking great. He currently sees no complications and they are measuring about 4 days bigger than their actual age. They both weigh about 1/2 a pound. I have to say, I'm more and more taken back and in awe over the little people that God is creating and trusting into our care. What an amazing miracle having a baby is! I will post some more current ultrasound pictures soon.

Some of you may know that the location of my job for next year was unknown because we are opening another elementary school next year... Found out today that I will be staying in the same building and will still teach kindergarten. This was my first choice, so I'm glad it worked out that way. I'm also glad that I will be staying with many of my current team members, but will miss the 2 that will be going to the new campus.

Todd and I had a GREAT weekend in Abilene. My eldest niece was baptized on the ACU campus at Jacob's Dream on Saturday. I'm so glad I got to be there! Thanks for letting me & Todd be there with you, K1! We are so proud of you! Rollei also had a great weekend with his doggy sitters. He had his first 2-hour walk and loved it, I'm sure.

This is another busy week, of course. I will have a late night at work tomorrow for a combined open house and math night, then Thursday is our field trip (rescheduled because of rain).

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't we all wished we could look so pretty and glowing during a preg. with one, much less two. You look great! Lori Stone