Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Making Memories

Well, today is our last day of summer. Todd and I have to report for inservices tomorrow. As you can tell from previous blogs, we haven't done just a whole lot this summer. We had a great short trip to Galveston (thanks ReRe) and another short trip to Abilene. I wanted to get one last day of fun in before we go back to work. Only problem is, when I say, "let's do something!" I have no idea what to do. I'm not very creative. We usually end up just going to the movies. Todd took control yesterday when I said I wanted to do something. When we were talking about something to do, and I gave him the last blank response of, "I don't care, I just want to do something other than stare at a screen!", he left the room. I thought I had made him mad. Next thing I know, he came to tell me that we were going horseback riding tomorrow morning! I haven't ridden a horse since I was a in Girl Scouts! FUN! I would have never thought of that! So, we drove to a state park and rode this morning. We were told to be there at 8:45, and the ride would start at 9:00. Well, about 10:00 we were finally assigned a horse. Now, mind you that I haven't ridden in years, and I was a little nervous. Todd as assigned to Blackjack. I was assigned to Hercules. The laughing started there. Couldn't they assign me a horse named Feather, or something less intimidating?
Waiting...
Todd on Blackjack. He was a little stubborn. Blackjack, that is.
Me riding Hercules. He ended up being a very easy horse to ride.

No comments: