Tuesday, June 2, 2009

21 Weeks: Bananas

Baby Center says:
"Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot (or banana, according to the bump). You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well."

This day is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S! (Kelly Kapor - The Office, of course.)

We attend the "Anchor Class" at church on Sunday nights instead of going to a small group. This group is mostly made up of "prime timers". We really enjoy this class. The group has so much wisdom to share. Anyway, much to our surprise, they threw us a Surprise Baby Party (not "shower" because men were present) after an abbreviated class this past Sunday evening. We were completely shocked and overwhelmed with their kindness and thoughtfulness to do this for us. I don't have any pictures of the party, but this is one of the loot we brought home.


All the puppies are too/two cute!

We have been so blessed with so many people's generosity. I know I can't have too many diapers, but my diaper closet is filling up quickly... I'm glad. Also, I'm starting to feel the push to get this nursery going, as I want to have places to put all of the babies' awesome gifts away.

Aunt Pat and I went shopping/browsing Saturday afternoon and I decided on what I'm going to do with they boys' bedding. I have been taken back by the price tags of bedding sets starting around $150-ish. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money on bedding X's 2. I found these bumpers, bed skirts, and sheets that coordinated and I liked them, so I got them! (Unfortunately, though, I have realized since that I paid about $10 too much for the bumpers, each, and about $3 too much for the sheets, each. I will be making a return and re-purchase elsewhere.) The babies will not need a comforter/quilt to sleep with, so I don't feel the need to spend on that right now. They already have a good assortment of blankets, which I love. So, here's the picture of the bedding before I make the exchange. I have always had blue, green, and brown in mind. It's simple, but I like it.



We have 2 early release days left this week and an inservice day on Friday. I am still trying to finish up packing and moving the stuff in my room. It has been a big job for me. Mom was able to help make a big initial dent in moving the school-owned materials into the new room and we unloaded it into the storage closet. The rest has been up to me, so far, though. Todd keeps planning to come by to pack/move/load boxes, but his schedule has not allowed him to come yet. Fortunately, the past 2 days, I was able to get some willing older students to load my car (very carefully) with shelves & boxes, but that ended today. (Don't get me started on why. Grrrr.) I really need Todd to come load things now. Our deadline to be completely finished and boxes moved is Thursday early afternoon (I forgot the official time). So, the pressure is on!

2 comments:

Julia said...

You look so gorgeous in that picture. The setting beside the fireplace is a nice touch. :-) I can't wait to see you guys and feel the little ones kicking! Just wait until one of them gets the hiccups!!! So happy....

Julia said...

If you took back parts of the beddign are you keeping the brown, green, and blue colors?